All existing parents are automatically members of the School PTA.
The Parent–Teacher Association (PTA) is a volunteer forum for:
- Fostering good relations between parents and teachers.
- Encouraging a spirit of cooperation and pride in the accomplishments of the School.
- Assisting in organising special events and to help raise funds for the School.
The exact choice and focus of activities each year depends on the interests of the parents who choose to participate. An elected executive committee meets on a regular basis throughout the school year.
The School will invite applications from member parents to take up posts on the Executive Committee of the PTA. The School reserves the right to vet all applications and to submit names to the Annual General Meeting for selection.
Officers of the PTA
- Chairperson (Parent member)
- Vice-Chairperson (Parent member)
- Secretary (Teacher member)
- Assistant Secretary (Teacher member)
- Treasurer (Parent member)
- Financial Secretary (Teacher member)
In addition, a Class Representative from each year group can be appointed to serve on the Executive Committee.
- The PTA is an advisory body.
- The PTA shall not seek to interfere in the day to day running of the School.
The designing of all School policies is strictly the responsibility of the School Board and the School Management